In our daily lives, we often come across notable content in the Internet that we want to make easily accessible, and by that, I mean even without the Internet. So, to do that, we must save it offline. There are several reasons including the ones below for exactly why we want to save the Webpage.
Some of you also might wonder why we don’t just press the PRINT SCREEN button on our keyboard. Well, there is a simple answer. While the PRINT SCREEN button will only captures what is shown to you, taking full page screen shots will not only do that but also capture what is not shown to you at the same time that is, the content you may find after scrolling down and further discovering the page.
Common reasons for Capturing Full webpages offline
- We often get e-invoices and struggle to find an option to save the Document offline. Simply capturing what is shown to you is your way to go!
- Suppose you came across some interesting content on your computer and you want to share the link to it with your friend but all of a sudden, you discover that he is having problems fetching the website. At this moment, sending the offline version of the Website can help you a lot!
- Sometimes, we just want to make sure that we get to see the Web Content even without the Internet.
So, without much further to tell, let’s go to easiest methods out there to take full page screen shots!
Also read in new tab:
Method1: Taking screenshot Full Page in Chrome
Step 1: Download the Full Page Screen Capture add-on for Chrome. You can get it from this link: https://goo.gl/MQYtYj .
After the add-on has been successfully downloaded, you can see a sign a Blue Camera icon at the top left of your Interface.
Step 2: Open you desired webpage which you want to capture.
Step 3: After completing the previous step and making sure that the content you were looking for is there, simply press the Add-On button mentioned in Step 1.
Step 4: After pressing the button, wait up to 10 Seconds (this depends upon how big the webpage may be). When, the tool finishes capturing the Webpage, it will open a new tab in your browser showing only the captured picture.
You can verify whether you perfectly got what you wanted or you may repeat the above steps again.
Step 5: Right-Click on the picture shown to you and click Save Image as…, then select your desired location and click Save.
Voila! Now you have the desired content saved in your Computer.
- Very quick and quality screen-shots.
- No options to customize anything like Partial Screenshot, Auto-Resize, etc.
- Only available for Chrome
NOTE: After clicking on the add-on icon, it is recommended that you keep your mouse from moving for best results.
Method 2: Taking screenshots without add-ons
Now what if your browser doesn’t support add-ons or vice versa? Fortunately Web-Capture.net has got your back! This website gives you the service for free and what’s more?
You can get your capture in your desired format like JPEG, PNG, etc. But this thing works in a different way. While the first method simply allows you to simply capture whatever is fetched by you,
Step 1: Go here and wait till the website is completely fetched.
Step 2: In the required field under Enter the URL of the page you want to capture, enter the URL of the website you want to capture.
Step 3: Under Choose the file format you want, select your desired output format of the picture. It may be a JPEG, PNG, etc. image format (I recommend PNG for better quality) or even a PDF file as per your requirement.
Step 4: Click on Capture Web Page button.
After performing all the steps above, you are required to wait for a few seconds. Then you may view the file or directly download it. You may also get a Zip Archive if need be.
- Multiple output formats like JPEG, PDF, PNG, etc. available
- You can also get a Zip archive
- Links that require any sort of Logging In or Passwords won’t work.
- Local addresses won’t work.
So after reading the cons of the second method, I will definitely recommend going for the first option until and unless you hate add-ons.
So that was all, folks. The above stated ways are so far the easiest methods of capturing Webpages. Enjoy!