Finally, after a lot of brainstorming here comes the First Post about Taking Screenshot. And this is the post, that demonstrates How to Screenshot using your Android, Windows, iPhones and Mac OS?
Generally screenshot is used to capture your present screen, whenever necessary. As, This Article will be long, you can directly switch to the Device you want to take screenshot with, by clicking on the following links below. And without any further delay Lets dive directly into topic.
Or Read If you want to screenshot a whole page
Click on the Device Type You are using
There are three ways you could take screenshots in Android devices, depending on the brand you use.
First Way of Taking Screenshot:
Devices: This works on all types of Android Devices like HTC, Moto-Series (for Samsung and Sony scroll down) and all other devices that clock Android Version 4.0 and higher. Except Samsung and Sony which I’ll get back to in a minute.
- First of all, Go to the screen you want to capture screenshot of and then follow the below mentioned instructions.
- This method takes a little bit of practice, but trust me it’s super minimalistic, super easy and super fun. The only thing is that the user should catch-hold of his Power-button and volume-down button at a time, to take screenshot.
- And that’s it! You’ll find a notification saying Saving Screenshot in your Notification Bar and you can access it in your Gallery.
- And this method is for the Samsung Users, folks are you ready? Just go the screen you want to capture and follow the instructions!
- This method of screenshotting resembles of iPhone ones. All you have to do is Press Home button and Power button instead of pressing Power + Vol (-) button in the first method.
[ Some cases Android is 100 times better than iPhone ]
- And TA-DA! You have done it folks you actually achieved it! You can find your Screenshot in your gallery.
Third Way for screen Capturing:
- This is my personal favorite. And this method is applicable for all Sony Devices. This method will be a personal favorite for you guys too. If you are a lazy guy, like me!
- In Sony devices, to screenshot, just go to the screen you want to have a screenshot of, and hold your Power button for a few seconds. And that’s it you will find an option ‘Take screenshot’! And there you go.
- Your screenshot will be waiting for you in the Gallery! Now just thank Sony for that wonderful option! With no effort needed.
Steps for Taking Screenshot on Windows XP:
- To take a screenshot in your Windows XP just open the screen that you want to capture and then press the button PrtSc on your keyboard. This allows us to capture the entire screen with the resolution of Desktop.
- Remember, you will never get a notification about your screenshot in prinscreen method.
- Next, open up any one of the applications like MS-Paint, MS-Word and Press the Short-cut key ‘Ctrl + V’ to paste your screenshot and boom! There you go you can find the captured screenshot and save it, anywhere in your system.
How to Screen Capture a Particular Area:
- In Windows XP, you can even use the short-cut key Alt + PrtSc to capture specific area of your screen.
How to take a screen shot of an Entire Screen:
- To capture Screenshot in your Windows 7/Vista just use the PtrSc button on your keyboard. It screenshots the entire screen.
- Paste the screenshot on applications like MS-Paint, MS-Word, etc. and save it in your system.
Screenshoting Active Screen:
- If you want to screenshot only the Active window, don’t worry! I have a solution for that too. Just use the shortcut Alt + PrtSc. And paste it into any of the applications mentioned above and save it in your preferred location in system.
Methods for taking Screenshot with Snipping Tool:
- We can even capture screenshot of a particular area of your screen. Using the tool that is available in your Windows 7/Vista by default.
- To use it, Click on Start and search for Snipping tool and open it and click on ‘New’ and select the screen-area you want to capture and boom! That’s it! You can save it anywhere you want.
[ Also read how to boost internet speed in windows 7]
- If you forget to save it, you can view it in your File Explorer under Picture-Library.
- But the bad-news is it is not available in Windows 7 Starter and Windows 7 Home Basic.
- Taking screenshot in Window’s latest versions (8, 8.1 and 10) is similar to above mentioned methods. But all that changes is that you have to press both Windows Button and PrtSc together to capture the entire screen.
- And you can paste it onto any of the Softwares like Paint or MS-Word and save it into your system.
Using Snipping Tool:
- To use snipping tool head over to start and search for Snipping Tool and click on ‘New’ option and Select the area you want to capture and then save it wherever you want or else find the captured Screenshot in your File Explorer > Pictures Library with name Captured. And rename it with name of your choice.
- In snipping tool, there are many tools that help you in highlighting the areas you want and many more that are helpful for Tutorials or any other works.
- You can’t capture screenshot of content being played on Windows Media Player.
- If you want to have a screenshot on your laptop you have to add another button for your combination that is Fn, found in the bottom row of your keyboard.
Taking screenshot in any of the iPhone Versions is very simple and similar to Samsung Phones or screenshot process of Samsung is similar to that of iPhone or whatever it is!
- To screenshot your IOS Device, you just have to hold your Sleep/Wake button and Home button together and boom! That’s all it! Now you can view your screenshot in your gallery.
- It’s little different for the latest IOS Devices. iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s +.
[[ Also Read: Why Iphone is better than Android ]]
- By different I mean that the devices have Touch ID’s so you have to press the sleep/wake button first for a few seconds and later press the Home Button. That’s it! This is how you take screenshot in your iPhone.
- To capture the entire screen, just use the shortcut Command + Shift + 3 on the screen you wanted to capture.
- And you can find the captured Screenshot in a (.png) file on your desktop.
Also read Hacks to become a MacBook Pro!
Screenshot Particular Area:
- To capture a particular area of your screen, use the shortcut Command + Shift + 4.
- And you will find a crosshair pointer like the image below, with which you can select a particular area of your screen and you can hold the Shift key, Option key, or Space bar to change the way the selection moves. And release the cursor to capture the selected area.
- You can find the screenshot in (.png) format on your desktop.
- To capture the active window of your Mac just use the same shortcut Command + Shift + 4 and then press space bar till you find the crosshair pointer into a camera pointer.
- And then hover onto the window you wanted to screenshot. You will find the window gets highlighted and then click on the window to capture the screenshot of the Active Window.
Also read: How to increase mac internet speed
- You will find the captured screenshot on the desktop in a (.png) format.
- Screenshots are saved as .png files on the desktop in Mac OS X v10.6 and later. They’re automatically named “Screen Shot date attime.png.”
- To save your screenshot to the Clipboard instead of a file on your desktop, use Command-Shift-Control-4.
- Some apps, such as DVD Player, might not let you take screenshots of their windows as in Windows.
It’s all about Screenshotting!! Here I discussed different ways of taking screenshots in any of the devices ranging from Android to Mac OS. Hope you guys be productive with this Info. If you still have any doubts please feel free to comment below in the Comments Section. I love interacting with you and will try to clarify all your queries. And that’s it for today.